Happy Wayfarer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There are three ways you can request a cancellation for a Greyhound Ticket. Below we have elaborated on the three ways and how you can request a refund along with cancellation using the three ways:
- Online In-person
- Through the use of a letter
Canceling and Obtaining a Refund Online:
Although requesting a refund online is the preferable way, it can be a time-consuming process because you may not hear back from the organization for some time. To apply for a refund online, you must do the following:
- Launch your web browser and navigate to Greyhound.
- Select Help and Info.
- Select Ticket Refunds and Exchanges.
- Select Refunds.
- Request a Refund by clicking here.
- Please provide your confirmation number.
- Enter your email address here.
- Click the Submit button.
In-Person Cancellation and Refund Request:
To seek a Greyhound bus ticket refund in person, travel to the nearest bus terminal and complete the following steps:
- Please bring your photo ID.
- Bring the confirmation email’s reference number with you.
- Give the clerk the reference number.
- Allow time for the cashier to print the tickets.
- To complete the application, two signatures are required.
Cancellation and Refund Request by Mail:
Choosing to request a refund via mail may cause things to move slowly and take much longer than they should. If you want to seek a Greyhound refund by mail, you must do the following:
- Please bring your original ticket.
- Make a refund request in writing.
- Please provide your full name and address.
- Put everything in one place.
- Send the package to Greyhound Lines, Inc., MS 470, PO Box 660691, Dallas, TX 75266-0691.
Can you Cancel and Get a Refund on a Flexible Ticket?
Any unused portion of the flexible fare might be refunded to you in the following cases:
- You haven’t used the ticket yet.
- Your ticket remains unused.
- To claim a refund on a round-trip ticket, you’ve only utilized one half of it (the outgoing or return portion is fully unused).
- Requests for refunds must be received prior to the original ticket’s departure date.
You can’t get a refund if:
- A round-trip ticket can only be partially used. If you haven’t used both parts, you can’t get your money back.
- If you have partially used both sections of a round-trip ticket, you cannot claim a refund.
- Your ticket has gone missing (if you bought your ticket online you can print another one here).
- Unfortunately, we can’t guarantee our arrival or departure timings due to factors such as traffic, weather, and technical issues. Now is the time to check the status of your bus using bustracker.greyhound.com(opens in a new tab).
- The discount you’re entitled to isn’t refundable, so you’ll need to ask for it when you buy the ticket. You’ve already purchased a full-price ticket.
What is the Greyhound Refund Policy?
Not every Greyhound ticket purchased is refunded in full at the time of purchase. Fares that are non-refundable are usually significantly less expensive than fares that are refundable. Despite the fact that non-refundable fares cannot be refunded for their monetary value, it is possible to exchange them for another ticket on the same route at a later date, provided that there is room on the flight at the time of exchange. On fares that are returned, consumers are required to pay a cancellation charge of 20 percent.
Greyhound passengers must exercise extreme caution to ensure that their tickets do not go missing once they have purchased them, as the firm is unable to give refunds for tickets that have been lost, stolen, or otherwise damaged. In addition, refunds for discounts are not available, thus, for example, if the traveler is a senior citizen, he or she must seek a senior discount at the time of purchase.
Unrestricted tickets can be returned for a refund for up to one year after they are purchased. Ticket exchanges for a different travel date may also be feasible depending on the airline.
How to Change a Greyhound Ticket?
In some situations, you may need to adjust your vacation plans or dates. In that situation, Greyhound allows you to modify your ticket under the following conditions:
- Conditions for customers with flexible tickets: Customers with flexible tickets can modify their trip dates without paying anything.
- Customers with other fare tickets face the following conditions: If the consumer has an economy or economy extra fare ticket, they must pay a $20 change fee to change their travel dates.
- Other circumstances:
- Customers can modify the original ticket’s date, time, to and from places, and passengers.
- Customers requesting a date change are unable to change an advance ticket for a date that occurs during a holiday period.
- A consumer may modify the date of their ticket or any ticket programme that enables modifications. (This will be made apparent when you book your ticket.)
- Customers must travel within a year of purchasing the initial ticket.
- Customers must request an exchange of tickets in the actual ticket before the travel date.
- You can also contact Greyhound customer service to have your change request sent.