Happy Wayfarer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hair clippers are a necessary grooming and valuable equipment to always have on hand in your shaving kit. However, one central question that plagues the minds of air travelers is, “Can you bring hair clippers on a plane?” Well, your curiosity is about to come to an end.
This post will answer your questions about traveling with hair clippers. We will also look at some of the best hair clippers to bring on a plane, how to best pack them when traveling, and if you can bring other trimming and cutting tools.
So, grab a seat and enjoy!
Can You Bring Hair Clippers Through Airport Security?
Yes, you can take hair clippers through airport security. However, the airport security officer may choose to inspect them, but the blades on the vast majority of common clippers are too small to be harmful.
Can I Take Hair Clippers In a Carry-on? TSA Rules
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) states that it is acceptable to bring hair clippers as a carry-on item and pass the security checkpoint without any restrictions.
On its website, the TSA provides the following information about traveling with hair clippers on a plane:
Real TSA Answer
Can I Take Hair Clippers In Checked Luggage?
Yes, because both the TSA and airlines do not have any problem with hair clipper batteries as they are small and won’t create any ignition during the flight.
Real TSA Answer
Are Your Clippers Safe in Checked Luggage?
In most cases, your hair clippers will be secure in your checked luggage. However, there is always the possibility that your products will be lost, stolen, or damaged in transit.
How to Best Pack Hair Clippers for a Flight?
If you want your hair clippers to survive the trip, it is crucial to pack them properly. Here are some tips you can use to protect your clippers in your checked bag:
- Ensure that the clippers have a blade cover. It will safeguard the hair clipper blades and prevent any other items in your luggage from being harmed by the razor-sharp blades.
- Place the clippers and other grooming tools in a fabric bag or plastic storage container.
However, we checked Twitter and were surprised by the number of complaints airlines received about damaged and missing items from checked luggage.
Can You Take Hair Clippers On International Flights?
Yes, you can bring them (rechargeable hair clippers or electric hair clippers) on foreign flights in both carry-on and checked luggage.
Most airlines do not have any limitations on taking hair clippers to any destination.
So, whether you’re traveling by plane to Canada, the UK, or the US, you may bring your hair clippers.
Can You Use Electric Hair Clippers on a Plane?
Yes, you can use hair clippers on a plane. Hair clippers are permitted per the TSA policy as part of your carry-on and checked luggage.
Can You Bring Other Hair Trimming and Cutting Items on a Plane?
Yes, you can bring other hair-trimming and cutting tools on a plane. Therefore, you can pack nail clippers, beard trimmers, disposable razors, and razor cartridges in your carry-on or checked baggage. However, only straight razors and safety razors with blades are allowed in checked baggage.
Can I Take a Trimmer on an Airplane?
Yes, you can take your trimmer on an airplane. Therefore, electric beard trimmers are acceptable in carry-on luggage.
In other words, depending on what fits you most, you can take a beard trimmer in your hand or your checked luggage.
Can I Take My Shears on the Plane?
Yes, and if packed in a carry-on, they must be within four inches of the pivot point.
Any sharp objects in checked bags must be sheathed or securely wrapped to protect baggage handlers and inspectors from injury.
Can You Bring a Razor on a Plane?
Safety razors are not allowed in your carry-on luggage with the blade since they are so simple to remove.
Without the blade, they are acceptable, and it would be best if you keep the blades in your checked baggage.
Best Hair Clippers To Take on a Plane
The last thing you should be concerned about before embarking on a long trip is locating a pair of travel clippers. Some of the best hair clippers include;
Philips Norelco Multigroomer All-in-One Trimmer Series 3000
Philips Norelco Multigroomer All-in-One Trimmer Series 3000 is a great hair clipper.
It has a wide range of attachments that allow you to be creative with your haircuts and make them look much better than they would if you went to a barbershop.
- It is a trimmer for the face, beard, hair, nose, and ears with DualCut technology.
- The groomer contains 13 attachments, including a nose and ear trimmer, a steel trimmer, seven trimming guards, and a steel detailer.
- It comes with three hair-cutting guards for trimming.
- The runtime of a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery is up to 60 minutes.
Wahl Clipper Elite Pro High-Performance Corded Home Haircut & Grooming Kit for Men
The Wahl Clipper Elite Pro High-Performance Corded Home Haircut & Grooming Kit is an excellent option if you are looking for a high-quality, corded clipper.
The clipper comes with several different attachments to use on different parts of the body.
- It has superior precision blades, which are self-sharpening and long-lasting sharp for all hair types.
- It has an adjustable taper lever that facilitates fading and blending.
- It has premium guards, fit with stainless steel clips and guide combs.
- It is a robust and durable machine with a quiet, low-noise motor and outstanding performance.
- The kit includes shears, scissors, a styling comb, a cape or bib, blade oil, a cleaning brush, a handled storage bag, a drawstring pouch for guards, a cord wrap, and a blade guard.
SURKER Men’s Hair Clippers Cord Cordless Hair Trimmer Professional
The SURKER Cordless Trimmer is an excellent option for travelers who want an all-in-one tool they can use on the go. It comes with a high-quality battery, different trimming lengths, and attachment combs. It also has a trimmer head with a special guard to protect your skin from irritation by the blades.
- It has long-lasting, high-carbon boosted, self-sharpening, and quality stainless steel blades for smooth, rapid, and accurate clipping efficiency on all hair types.
- It has an in-built rechargeable premium and safer battery cell, providing up to 300 minutes of operation after 3 hours of charging.
- It has a LED light that displays the battery level.
- It has a thumb taper lever on the left that facilitates an adjustment between 0.8mm and 2.0mm.
- It also has a new, color-coded style eight guide.
Can I Put Hair Clippers in My Luggage?
Yes. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) states that you can put a hair clipper kit in your checked luggage.
Can You Bring Cordless Hair Clippers On a Plane?
Yes, you can bring your cordless hair clippers on a plane. However, the security officer may wish to inspect them, but the blades on the vast majority of manual hair clippers are too small to pose a threat.
Hair Clippers are allowed in checked bags and can be packed in your carry-on luggage. However, the airline may ask you to put the hair clippers in a separate bag for the flight; if this is the case, it’s best to pack them in their original case and only use them once you reach your destination.
Have you ever been unable to bring your hair clippers on a plane because the airport security was a little bit tight? Please share your experiences with us in the comments below.